Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

"Things never happen the same way twice, dear one"

As some of you may know, I've had a pretty intense count down going the past 4 months or so. A little while ago I started a count down on my phone that told me how long, down the second, until my first plane would leave on this adventure I have been allowed to prepare for. Now this count down reads: 8 hours. 15 minutes. 57 seconds.
8 hours.
This picture pretty much explains me right now. But the past few days (mainly yesterday) I've been shaking in my boots. My family keeps asking me "Are you getting cold feet?" and I promptly answer "No!" But what they don't know is that the song "Hold me Jesus" by Rich Mullins has been my prayer for the last 48 hours. "Hold me Jesus, cause I'm shaking like a leaf. You have been King of my glory, won't you be my Prince of Peace?"
In an attempt to calm my nerves I talked to many of my friends. They reminded me that, even though I won't be able to communicate much with family or friends, I will still have my unchanging God. That all of my strength will come from Him.
I started thinking...what am I afraid of? Nothing. And Everything. I'm afraid of unknowns and of what will be different from the last time I was there.
I watched Narnia today and Aslan says to Lucy:
"Things never happen the same way twice, dear one."
I struggle to remember that not having been there in a long time can turn out to be a blessing, because I do not have many expectations. 
Still though, when Lucy says "I wish I was braver" in response to Aslan's call, she hit the nail right on the head. Near the end of the movie, Caspian says:
"I do not think I am ready." To which Aslan responds:
"It is for that very reason I think you are."

I am ready, so very ready. I am ready to go on an adventure for and with my God. I have no idea the struggles I might go through or the thoughts I might think. But I am ready and I am excited. I am scared. But one of my friends, in reminding me that being scared is okay, quoted the Hunger Games to me today:

"Hope is the only thing greater than fear"
When I weigh my fears against my faith, my fears are nothing.

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1

I am trusting that God gave me the desire to go to Guatemala, and God will walk with me (fly with me) to and through Guatemala. I have faith that God will speak through me to the people I encounter. I may not feel ready, but I am. God has raised me up for this purpose.

I'M LEAVING IN 8 HOURS!!! Holy buckets. I'm a tornado of emotions! I'm hyped up on excitement and there is absolutely no way I am getting a wink of sleep in the next 8 hours.
I'M GOING ON AN ADVENTURE!

Until next time,

Erin


1 comment:

  1. bah, I LOVE YOU! have such a wonderful time! 67 days until we can talk again!

    ReplyDelete