Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

So extremely blessed

This weekend my mom came to visit! She came to bring me some clothes for my trip to Texas but she did so much more than that. As she was on her way down here, planning to arrive at 10:30am I was thinking 'How the heck am I supposed to entertain my mom for a full day and half?' She was planning to stay overnight on Saturday so she could come to church with me Sunday morning.

She could not have come at a better time. I hadn't seen her since Christmas break and in the middle of my struggle of not wanting to go on my missions trips all I wanted was my mom. But even more than that, having my mom in my presence this weekend made me feel so blessed.

Saturday night a fellow student at Northwestern lost her mom, dad, brother, and sister in  a car accident. There's not much that can be said to follow that; the extent of the hurt being felt is unimaginable. I keep thinking back to the hospital hallway when I was 15 years old, crying until I was physically in pain because my father was nearing the end of his life, now I try to fathom multiplying that times four; my heart breaks.

Through the heartache it has been inspiring seeing the community that is Northwestern College come together to lift up the family in constant prayer. Even though some of us do not know Brittany on a personal level we hurt for her and with her because she is our sister in Christ; she is one of us. Our minds go blank, we are speechless and all we can do is cry out to God and ask Him make His love unmistakably noticeable

It reminds us that God's plan will be what prevails, that our lives are a mist, we are like grass, here one day and gone the next. Please pray for Brittany and her family and all those feeling the affects of this weekend that God will be their consuming comfort and turn this into a great testimony. And please go tell your loved ones just how loved they are.




No comments:

Post a Comment