Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

plans to give you hope and future

My Sundays are spent in Sioux Center. After going to church, we (my roommate and I) come to her house. We eat dinner at her house then relax for the rest of the afternoon; homework, naps, coffee, conversations. I do a lot of thinking on my Sundays; the sermon I just heard, my family back in Minnesota, my friends here in Iowa, my trip to Guatemala ( I know, I know, that's all you guys here about, I'm sorry. ) Today the bulk of my thinking has been about the future. It's discussed a lot in our little community hidden in Iowa. 

What assignments are due next week? How long do I have to wait to find out my ministry site for this summer?  How long until my brother gets married? How long until I have to start paying off my loans? Will I be able to pay off my loans? Who will I marry? Will my friends and I still be as close as we are now when our 4 years here come to an end? What am I going to do with my life after that scary, though ever sought after, graduation day?

I've come to the conclusion that I, 100%, do not know the answers to any of those questions. Not even the first one [insert disapproving look from my mother here].

I looked at Kelsey today and said "Roommate, 2 years from now we'll be 3 weeks from graduating." 
That's scary! Things are changing. My friends and I, though we joke about living together forever because of our lack of significant others, will be going separate directions. We all have different callings. [Man, this is getting a lot more sentimental than I intended!] But I'm excited. I'm excited to see where God takes all of us. To be able to come back together, or skype together, and share stories. 





The only comfort I have in thinking about this is that God brought us together for a reason and God knows where we're going. He knows, even though I don't, what assignments I will wait until the last minute to do. He knows when my brother is getting married; He knows when/if I will get married. He will enable me to pay off my loans. And He knows how important my family and my friends are to me. And He knows where I will be going when I graduate from Northwestern.

I'm just so excited for the day that He lets me in on these secrets!!


"'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future'" ~Jeremiah 29:11~

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the Peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 4:6-7~

[Shout out to my friends! My core 6! Kelsey, Pri, Katie, Megan, Nicki and Shaelee. I love you ladies!!! Here's to 2 more [1 for some of you :( ] years!!]


No comments:

Post a Comment