Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Work Site!

I wish I had a picture of myself being really really excited...and it's super surprising that I don't because it's my favorite kind of picture to take. But just know...that I have a very excited face right now...

Yesterday marked a week from when I was told that in a week they'd know the ministry sites and I was checking my email about every 2 minutes yesterday to see if I had an email. About half way through the day I finally saw it; "Students International" in my inbox. I opened it faster than I think I've ever opened an email before to find a very short email asking me if I'd be able to skype some of the ladies working full time with the organization later on this week. I asked if we could do it tomorrow (today) at 3:00. Yet another waiting game.

I was so nervous I couldn't do anything except walk back and forth in the hallway of my dorm. At 2:50 I sat down on my couch logged into skype and stared at my screen until I finally got the call.

I knew which sites I didn't want and I knew which sites I really wanted. But I'd been praying for weeks, not that they would give me the site that I thought I wanted but that God would make my heart content and excited to love the people and serve Him in whatever site that I was assigned to.

During my skype call they told me that they were considering placing me in the Art School. My first thought was: "THE WHAT? I can't even draw a stick figure!" And if you know me, you know that that's true. But they assured me that I didn't need artistic skill. They told me they just needed someone bold enough to break barriers, to show the students their worth and to build relationships not only between myself and the students but between them and the students that come from America. I know I've said this a lot but words cannot explain how excited I am. The art that comes out of this art school is truly amazing and I've heard that the relationships that come out of it are amazing as well. 


This is what Students International says about the art school:

"In the art site, we work with 20 students, ages 8-17. The art school works with kids from low income families and some of our kids are not able to attend additional schooling. In the art school, we teach drawing, painting, and crafts, but more than that we teach children about God, that is our main mission."

I'll probably post more about this once I've had time to process it a little more. If you want to know specific prayer requests or donation suggestions let me know (I'm sending out a prayer letter with this information as well). But for now,
Peace and Blessin's


No comments:

Post a Comment